AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
We are looking for an experienced Business Manager -Operations to lead and oversee the work of employees in our company. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters business. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture. The goal will be to ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
Strategic Management and Planning
The post holder will:
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities – whilst working alongside HR and Managers (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.);
- Organise and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity;
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers;
- Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data and write reports;
- Assess overall company performance against objectives;
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines;
- Keep abreast of current affairs and identify potential threats and opportunities;
- Contribute to Practice strategy; formulate objectives and research and develop ideas for future Practice development;
- Develop and maintain effective communication both within the Practice and with relevant outside partners and agencies;
- Prepare and annually update the Practice development plan, and oversee the implementation of the aims and objectives;
- Assess and manage development and expansion plans.
- Convene meetings, prepare agendas and ensure distribution of Minutes as necessary;
- Front of house team management;
- Develop Practice Protocols and Procedures, review and update as required;
- Ensure that Practice premises are properly maintained and cleaned, and that adequate fire prevention and security systems are in place;
- Manage the procurement of Practice equipment, supplies and services within target budgets;
- Arrange appropriate insurance cover;
- Ensure that the Practice has adequate Disaster Recovery procedures in place;
- Arrange appropriate maintenance for Practice equipment;
- Adopt a strategic approach to the development and management of the Practice;
- Ensure service development and delivery is in accordance with professional services guidelines and HMRC;
- Ensure that the Practice complies with its contractual obligations in relation to client care;
- Develop and implement an effective Complaints Management System;
- Monitor client satisfaction, investigate, and respond to complaints, including taking responsibility for all written complaints;
- Ensuring that facilities are well maintained in accordance with the lease;
- Ability to handle confidential information and with discretion.
ISO, Health & Safety:
The post-holder will implement and lead on the full range of promotion and management of their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety policy, the Practice Health & Safety Manual, and published procedures.
This will include (but will not be limited to):
- Develop and review Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and keep abreast of current legislation;
- Ensure job holders across the Practice adhere to their individual responsibilities for health and safety, using a system of observation, audit and check, hazard identification, questioning, reporting and risk management;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Health and Safety matters;
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines;
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks across the business;
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills, and initiate and manage the training of others;
- Using appropriate control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards, and initiation of remedial / corrective action where needed;
- Actively identifying, reporting, and correcting Health and Safety hazards immediately when recognised.
- Proven experience as business manager or relevant role – with extensive experience
- Experience in the implementation of and maintaining a QMS such as ISO:9001;
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems;
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques;
- BSc/BA in Business Management or relevant field; MSc/MA will be an added advantage.
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer a pension scheme and private health insurance after the successful completion of the probationary period.