AVASK Accounting & Business Consultants is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in international VAT and tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses that are located internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are recommended External Tax Advisors under the Amazon Global Selling Programme and assist hundreds of Amazon FBA sellers, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure that they are fully compliant and assisting on their group structures and tax advisory services.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Client Manager. The candidate must be a self-starter, who is highly motivated and a clear communicator at all levels. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently and pro-actively in our practice that is client-focused.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Using your excellent client management skills, as well as your technical accountancy skills, you will manage a portfolio of SME clients
- Accounts preparation for Limited Companies, Sole traders, Partnerships, and Tax computations
- Assist in bookkeeping services, VAT returns and VAT audits
- Developing client relationships through excellent communication skills and liaising directly with clients to assist in resolving queries and working as a trusted advisor.
- Business and personal tax computations and preparation of partnership and corporation tax returns
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Clients account management reports & Cashflow statements
- Extensive client communication and attending meetings
- Assisting with onboarding new client
- Assisting in preparing and carrying out periodic review on VAT returns
- Liaising with HMRC over enquiries
- Drafting letters for approval by the directors
- Assisting with representing the firm externally
- Assisting with the planning of work and meetings weekly with the management team to review workload and updating the workflow tracker.
- Identifying and winning new work opportunities that can be introduced to the firm
- Carrying out detailed technical research in a variety of areas
- Effectively managing workload – communication is key, along with multi-tasking and prioritising tasks with a superb follow through
- Recognising areas of improvement required for junior team members and working with operations manager to implement an action plan for development.
- Responsible for ensuring client deadlines are met across the team in a timely manner
- Provide technical training as and when required
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- ACCA / ACA Qualified or Finalist with strong experience
- Has shown evidence of own career and professional development.
- Extensive experience working in a large accounting function.
- Experience working as a line manager / supervisor within a busy and effective finance department.
- Proven track record of experience in supervising, leading and coaching a team
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles and practices
- Excellent systems experience including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate level such as pivot tables and v look ups), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analytical knowledge and the ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- Solid understanding of the relationship of internal controls and business processes with financial statements and financial statement assertions
- Good working knowledge of general ledger, fixed assets and accounts payable systems
Experienced at implementing change to maximise efficiency in processes, results, and team structure