AVASK Accounting & Business Consultants are an international firm of Accountants and tax experts, with a well-reputed specialism in global e-commerce expansion, international taxation, accountancy, advisory services and tnternational trade and customs.
The opportunity where you will make an impact:
As our Customs & Compliance Co-ordinator your role will be to execute accurate customs clearance documents to ensure AVASK and our clients remain fully compliant with customs and compliance requirements. In addition to compliance you will also plan and manage our brokerage workflows delivering an excellent service at optimum cost.
- Manage the day to day import/export requirements;
- Maintain first working relationships with our shipping partners and customs to ensure all declaration entries are accurate, filed on time with the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) so all clearances are efficient and without delay;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with our clients to ensure customs declarations are completed to the highest order based on the information they supply;
- Plan and manage the weekly workflow requirements so client’s expectations are met and declarations filed according to customs timescales;
- Ensure all products are registered under the correct tariff headings and HS codes;
- High levels of accuracy and due diligence in all import/export processes;
- Support the wider business in all customs declaration related queries.
The role will include the following duties:
- Prepare and submit accurate customs declarations for EU or NON-EU clients;
- Verify C88 document details such as the origin and customs codes into CDS;
- Understand and double-check manufacturer and commercial invoices;
- Ensure insurance and freight costs are included in C88 submissions;
- Collate all documents (where required) prior to arrival of the goods;
- Submit invoice data to the Corporate Accounting team;
- Manage communications and requests with local and national authorities;
- Conducting internal audits of customs related documents for accuracy and work with colleagues to amend discrepancies and raise knowledge levels;
- Act as the escalation point for all operational queries;
- Respond to any system failures and invoke fallback procedures if necessary;
- Process post clearance amendments systematically when required;
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders such as Compliance in terms of duty and Import VAT paid accuracy and reconciliation;
- Build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders and be the first point of escalation;
- Interact with external stakeholders such as clients, suppliers and freight managers when additional information may be required.
What you will bring to AVASK:
- A minimum of 2-years experience in a customs and compliance role or related areas;
- Knowledge of customs and excise, import/export processes and procedures and rules of origin;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to deal with stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Customer service skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Organised with proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Confident, professional and friendly with a positive approach.
Remuneration and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer a pension scheme and private health insurance after the successful completion of the probationary period.