AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
Due to our recent expansion into non-EU marketplaces, we are recruiting two Evening Compliance Administrators to support our VAT Compliance Team with their all-round evening administration requirements. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering results, specificially within a fast-paced environment.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Answering evening telephone calls and addressing client queries outside of the core UK working hours;
- If unable to respond appropriately at that time, directing the queries by email to the relevant VAT Compliance Officer for resolution and following up with the Compliance Officer that the client has been responded to;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned with the team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to speak confidently on the telephone;
- Previous experience in administration;
- Be a fast learner and be able to hit the ground running;
- Have the confidence to ask questions if they don’t feel something is right;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet;
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills;
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to keep to strict deadlines;
- Skilled at prioritising obligations;
- High attention to detail;
- Personable and strong relationship builder;
- Commercial awareness;
- Independent work ethic.
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer a pension scheme and private health insurance after the successful completion of the probationary period.