AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
We are looking for a talented Group Financial Controller. You will need to be ACA or ACCA Qualified with strong technical accounting knowledge and a track record of successfully implementing change. You will be confident in leading a team and be able to work independently. The Financial Controller will need to be hands-on and have the confidence to challenge current processes and implement improvements. Attention to detail is essential within this role.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Ownership of day-to-day management of the operational finance team including managing month end/ year end processes;
- Assist in the development and documentation business processes and accounting policies to strengthen and maintain internal controls;
- Evaluate and manage the internal control environment – highlighting any concerns to senior management;
- Oversee the production of monthly management accounts including key business KPIs and reporting;
- Preparation of the monthly board packs for the Directors and full balance sheet reconciliations;
- Manage all audit deliverables through to sign-off;
- Oversee and improve customer invoicing processes;
- Assist with annual budget;
- Monitor CAPEX against budget;
- Oversee VAT return process;
- Ensure that financial systems are fit for purpose;
- Integrate acquisitions;
- Keep up to date with accounting standards to ensure compliance;
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the finance team, including regular appraisals, objective settings etc;
- Deputise for the Group Financial Director when required.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA);
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with large volumes of data;
- Experience managing audits and producing statutory financial statements;
- Strong team development / leader / motivator;
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing abilities;
- Advanced Excel skills and accounts system administration;
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining quality and accuracy;
- Must have a hands-on approach;
- Provide evidence of managing risk and implementation of process improvements;
- System implementation experience would be highly advantageous.
The successful candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and willing to relocate to Southampton (if not already local or residing in the surrounding areas).
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer heavily subsidised staff canteen, pension scheme and Healthcare scheme on successful completion of the probationary period.