AVASK Accounting & Business Consultants Ltd is perhaps one of the fastest growing e-commerce accounting and global expansion specialist firms in the world, and we are looking for a bright and talented individual to fill a newly created Head of Accounts position within the company.
As Head of Accounts, you will be instrumental in developing and providing leading accountancy services, building long-term working relationships, and adding value to our business. You will be responsible for a small team, providing leadership and ensuring development to build their capability into the future as well as overseeing the day-to-day preparation of accounts for sign off.
This is a key role within our business and as such demands a qualified professional, or a professional with equivalent experience. Your excellent leadership, people, and communications skills, both verbal and written will be instrumental to your success in this role. You will be able to demonstrate your clear understanding of UK accounting principles through your strong technical ability and have a good working knowledge of relevant tax issues.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the operations of the Accounting department,
- Contribute to the achievement of business goals by providing advice and guidance on the financial strategy and growth for the department,
- Manage and Supervise Accounts Department staff which includes: Client Managers, Accountants, Tax practitioners, Accounting Assistants, and Bookkeepers,
- Provide upper-level strategic analysis,
- Develop and have autonomy over the annual operations budget to meet financial targets and ensure statutory regulations complied with,
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time,
- Collaborate and manage relationships and liaison with internal and external stakeholders,
- Develop and maintain systems, policies, workflows and procedures for effective and efficient running of the department,
- Perform necessary actions to allow financial and legal obligations are met,
- Produce and review financial statements and reports for clients,
- Provide advisory and consultancy services to clients,
- Coordinate efforts across departments to amass accounting information,
- Assign projects between accounting staff members,
- Maintain chain of command throughout department,
- Set schedule for accounting department projects,
- Ensure accuracy of client’s financial statements.
Person specification and qualifications:
- ACCA / ACA/CTA Qualified or Finalist with strong experience,
- Has shown evidence of own career and professional development,
- Extensive experience working in a large accounting function,
- Experience working as a line manager / supervisor within a busy and effective finance department,
- Proven track record of experience in supervising, leading and coaching a team,
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles and practices,
- Excellent systems experience including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate level such as pivot tables and v look ups), Word, and PowerPoint,
- Demonstrated mathematical and analytical knowledge and the ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem,
- Accounting Practice experience,
- Understanding business commercials and growth strategies.
- Solid understanding of the relationship of internal controls and business processes with financial statements and financial statement assertions,
- Good working knowledge of general ledger, fixed assets and accounts payable systems,
- Experienced at implementing change to maximise efficiency in processes, results, and team structure.
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to skills, experience and qualifications.
In addition to this we offer a company pension scheme, Vitality Healthcare and a heavily subsidised staff canteen.