AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
Due to our company’s growth and expansion, we are looking to recruit a new HR Administrator, who will support our busy HR and front-of-house Reception teams with all-round administrative support. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing excellent administrative support in a busy office environment and must be willing to study for their CIPD Level 3 qualification.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Making up new employee files, (both paper-based and electronic files);
- Ongoing file management such as filing and scanning new starter paperwork;
- Chasing for new starter documentation, such as qualifications, medical questionnaires, proof of right to work in the UK, proof of address and proof of ID and passing to HR Advisor to verify;
- Logging IT equipment and other company property provided to employee’s on PeopleHR;
- Logging visa expiry dates on PeopleHR and chasing for renewal paperwork in a timely manner;
- Updating confidential information using the internal HR system, respecting the need for confidentiality and data protection;
- Answering calls and directing queries to the relevant person for addressing;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post as required;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned with the team.
Person specification and qualifications:
- Willing to study for CIPD level 3 qualification;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good communication skills and the ability to speak confidently on the telephone;
- Previous experience in administration or data entry;
- Be a fast learner and be able to hit the ground running;
- Have the confidence to ask questions if they don’t feel something is right;
- No previous HR experience is necessary although would be preferred;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and Applicant Tracking Systems;
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills;
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to keep to strict deadlines;
- Skilled at prioritising obligations;
- Attention to detail;
- Personable and strong relationship builder;
- Commercial awareness;
- Independent work ethic.
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer a pension scheme and private health insurance, after the successful completion of the probationary period.