AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
The function of this HR Manager role is to shape the relevant policies, procedures and processes for all employees, designing and supporting the company’s employee relations management frameworks such as absence management, performance management, disciplinaries, family friendly practices and policies, succession planning and workforce planning whilst guiding and managing Human Resources services for the Company.
The HR Manager will lead all HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high performance culture emphasising quality, productivity, KPI and targets attainment and is responsible for the development of processes and reporting metrics that support the achievement of the Company’s business goals.
Reporting directly to the Directors and working closely with colleagues to ensure all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with employment law, company policy and ensuring any risk to the business is minimised.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing the HR and people strategies aligned to the business objectives;
- Supporting and coaching the management team on all people leadership matters, including business change and transformation;
- Forming strong relationships with the management team to be able to challenge and coach in a high performance environment;
- Partnering the management team to project manage organisational and procedural changes within the business area;
- Be responsible for all HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, mentoring, salary and conditions, contracts, training and development, talent management, succession planning, driving performance appraisals and any other HR related issues);
- Leading the work to regularly review the company’s talent management processes within the business areas, including performance/potential management, resource planning and succession planning;
- Where necessary, working in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programmes (e.g. changes to working practices, organisation changes and business “excellence” or lean programmes);
- Providing insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can be leveraged to strengthen business results e.g. leadership/development programmes;
- Working with senior managers to uncover the talent implications e.g. any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives and create a long-term workforce plan that prioritises people-related initiatives;
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales;
- Liaising with Directors and Managers to understand their HR requirements and ensure they are fully informed of the corporate HR strategy;
- Keeping up to date with HR legislation by researching and attending necessary events, before providing suitable interpretation to Directors and Managers;
- Updating the company server with timely, relevant forms, policies and procedures to ensure accessibility for employees at all times;
- To facilitate as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances.
Person specification and qualifications:
- Educated to Degree Level preferred;
- Professional qualifications preferred – Level 5 CIPD minimum;
- 7+ years of human resources experience preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of HR legislation and procedures;
- Proven track record in a senior HR role;
- Experience of designing and delivering coaching/mentoring, learning and development and talent management programmes;
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Experience of using HR Information Systems;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to innovate to create and implement continuous improvement initiatives;
- Experience of designing and writing HR policies, procedures, offers and contracts of employment;
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll procedures;
- Ability to support and influence all stakeholders, including Directors across the business;
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and Applicant Tracking Systems;
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Empathy and confidence to manage client stakeholders across all hierarchy levels;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to keep to strict deadlines;
- Skilled at prioritising obligations;
- Attention to detail;
- Personable and strong relationship builder;
- Commercial awareness;
- Independent work ethic.
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer a pension scheme and private health insurance, after the successful completion of the probationary period.