AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
The Indirect Tax Director will monitor changes to rules and regulations, ensuring these are communicated and implemented within the business. This will involved partnering with the other Managers of departments to ensure compliance. In addition you will:
- Prepare VAT returns;
- Ensure tax returns and cross-border filings are accurate;
- Actively support improvements to the processes of tax compliance, making them more efficient and robust.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To ensure that the clients’ VAT affairs comply with statutory requirements and manage compliance work efficiently;
- To manage the company’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements;
- To ensure VAT quality at all times, by adhering to the Company’s quality standards;
- To brief junior members of staff on the client’s business instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake on the job training and appraisals where necessary;
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times;
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly;
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the Company’s specialist services, and to undertake specialist technical work in response to client needs where appropriate;
- To perform the Company’s review and completion procedures;
- To act as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model for the team;
- To building a culture of continuous improvement and openness to change;
- To actively manage the talent and career paths of individuals within the team, including conducting performance and development reviews and succession planning with all direct reports;
- To be accountable for setting and delivering challenging KPIs and team targets managed through day to day guidance and direction;
- Being one of the main points of contact for the department for questions and advice.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Detailed requirements for technical knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are outlined in the person specification. The jobholder will have a track record of proven experience in the above key accountabilities, specifically within a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Educated to Degree Level;
- ATT/ CTA or ACCA Qualified;
- Has shown evidence of own career and professional development;
- Extensive experience working in a large accounting function;
- Experience working as a line manager / supervisor within a busy and effective finance department;
- Proven track record of experience in supervising, leading and coaching a team;
- Working knowledge of VAT and its application;
- Excellent systems experience including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate level such as pivot tables and v look ups), Word, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated mathematical and analytical knowledge and the ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Solid understanding of the relationship of internal controls and business processes with financial statements and financial statement assertions;
- Experienced at implementing change to maximise efficiency in processes, results, and team structure.