AVASK Accounting & Tax Consultants Inc. is a newly formed division of AVASK Group, with offices located in upstate New York, we are looking for new members of the team to join a multi-national company with offices located around the world.
AVASK is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in Sales Tax, International VAT and accounting services for e-commerce businesses which are located in the US in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
AVASK USA is looking to recruit an Internal Controller (Accountant) to work in our bustling New York office.
The ideal candidate must have strong accounting skills as well as the knowledge and experience of preparing financial reports, forecasts and budgets. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow within a dynamic and international company, it is a fast-paced environment in a growing company and an excellent opportunity for the right individual, who is able to work to a high degree of confidentiality and be able to work independently. Attention to detail is essential within this role.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all day to day accounting aspects including month end close, bank and account reconciliations;
- Prepare Consolidated financials;
- Assist in establishing strong accounting controls and practices;
- Ensure that accounts payables are posted with proper coding and paid in a timely manner;
- Ensure proper revenue recognition is applied and compliance with GAAP;
- Review/Prepare monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts and certain P&L accounts;
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions;
- Prepare/review Audit schedules as assigned and conduct audit research and answer questions;
- Prepare monthly close entries according to GAAP (Prepaid, Fixed Assets, accruals, deferred rent, AMEX entries, etc);
- Write, revise, document, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures;
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, and directly supervise the AP team and AR Team;
- Assist with Ad hoc requests as assigned;
- Assist in the issuance of timely management reports for internal users;
- Assist with the production of the annual budget, forecasts, and reforecasts;
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Detailed requirements for technical knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are outlined in the person specification. The jobholder will have a track record of proven experience in the above key accountabilities, specifically within a high volume and fast paced environment.
Person Specification: Qualifications
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition principles and concepts
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience with preparing financial reports, forecasts, and budgets
- Experience with Consolidating financial statements
- Must have experience with year end audits
- Strong Excel skills (vlookup, sumifs, sumif, pivot tables)
- 3- 5 years of accounting experience
- Strong quantitative, problem-solving and communications skills are required.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, meet critical deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with foreign exchange