AVASK Accounting & Tax Consultants Inc. is a newly formed division of AVASK Group, with offices located in upstate New York, we are looking for new members of the team to join a multi-national company with offices located around the world.
AVASK is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in Sales Tax, International VAT and accounting services for e-commerce businesses which are located in the US in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
AVASK USA is looking to recruit an International Accountant and Sales Tax Specialist, for a busy, standalone role and the successful post-holder must have the full knowledge and expertise to advise clients who have businesses outside of the US how to successfully set up and operate in the US.
The ideal candidate should also have International Law experience and be able to advise on compliance in the following key areas such as company formations, accounts preparation, corporation tax, management accounting, payroll, and sales tax.
The ideal candidate must have a desire to learn and fully understand the nature of the business, our services, markets and clients and will need to be able to demonstrate and apply commercial acumen, taking take full management responsibility for a portfolio of clients expanding over the US and internationally as well. We are looking for an efficient, self-starter with an ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
You will work closely with other Managers throughout the company and partner agencies and will establish good working relationships with key contacts throughout.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- The ability to provide full advice and consultancy to the client from a financial perspective, enabling the client to understand what is right for their business, and ensuring they comply with local tax filing obligations;
- Advising the client on how they can substantially lower the overall tax burden and also manage and reduce the risk of additional liabilities;
- Business coaching on how a company is structured, what allowances the company can claim, to how the owners extract cash from the business and their succession plans;
- Assisting with VAT returns or co-ordinating overseas payroll and supporting overseas clients so that they can get on with their job rather than floundering in local tax and other regulations.
- CPA Qualified;
- A thorough knowledge and experience of Sales Tax;
- Confident, professional and friendly, with excellent communication and customer service skills for client interaction and engagement;
- Ensuring that excellent customer service is maintained, with both internal and external customers, using appropriate communication techniques and tools;
- Patience and emotional resilience for dealing with customers – Able to handle complaints and remain calm under pressure;
- Be able to work flexibly where required;
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint to support the service role provided;
- Excellent knowledge across a range of IT systems;
- Always looking for ways in which to improve the way in which services are delivered;
- Personality is key for this role as the Company places a huge emphasis on culture and fit as you will be part of a friendly close-knit team dedicated to providing the highest service level to their client so therefore the successful candidate needs to be a great team player across multiple teams, (including multidisciplinary teams), recognising the importance of creating an environment where people work well together, support each other and enjoy each other’s company;
- Strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to keep to strict deadlines;
- Skilled at prioritising obligations;
- Excellent time management and organisation;
- Attention to detail;
- Independent work ethic.