AVASK Accounting & Tax Consultants Inc. is a newly formed division of AVASK Group, with offices located in upstate New York, we are looking for new members of the team to join a multi-national company with offices located around the world.
AVASK is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in Sales Tax, International VAT and accounting services for e-commerce businesses which are located in the US in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
AVASK USA is looking to recruit an experienced P.A. to work in our bustling New York office and provide a comprehensive Personal Assistant service to the CEO:
This is a busy role and the successful post-holder must have a desire to learn and fully understand the role of the CEO and their work. The ideal candidate will need to be an adept problem-solver and an organisational expert given the complex calendar management and travel planning involved. We are looking for an efficient, self-starter with an ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
You will be the first point of contact for the CEO and will co-ordinate responses to a variety of communications, including complaints and will play a key role in conveying the professional and positive image of the company.
You will be required to understand the frequency of key meetings such as project boards, and to ensure that the Directors are fully prepared for these, ensuring minutes are ready and also ensuring that reports are submitted within the required timescales.
You will work closely with other Managers throughout the company and partner agencies and will establish good working relationships with key contacts throughout.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manage the CEO’s diary on a daily basis, managing all appointments, re-arranging where appropriate and using initiative to move any meetings which may overlap;
- Filter emails and respond to these on behalf of the CEO or pass them to the appropriate Managers ensuring that the matter is dealt with and a record made of the outcome;
- Respond to email or telephone introductions made to CEO;
- Deal effectively with incoming and outgoing post;
- Ensure that the CEO is prepared for meetings, including compiling and sending agendas, printing documents, arranging travel and chasing up outstanding documentation and tasks;
- Attending meetings and taking notes or minutes;
- Greet visitors to the CEO and provide hospitality and refreshments where appropriate;
- Disseminate information to other managers;
- Dealing with enquiries including telephone calls, resolving or redirecting to the appropriate person for resolution.
Knowledge, skills and abilties:
Detailed requirements for technical knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are outlined in the person specification. The jobholder will have a track record of proven experience in the above key accountabilities, specifically within a high volume and fast paced environment.
Person specification: Qualifications
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality in all aspects of employment, working in a trusting relationship with the CEO and maintaining professionalism at all times;
- Provide a competent administration service in order to support the CEO being able to utilise their time in an efficient and cost-effective way;
- Ensuring that excellent customer service is maintained, with both internal and external customers. This will include giving support to senior management in conducting presentations as required using appropriate communication techniques and tools;
- When required, be the focal point for general enquiries and organising events and meetings; booking travel, accommodation etc for senior staff members as required;
- Ensuring that diary management is accurate and maintained so as to ensure that the CEO is in full possession of prompt and up-to-date information;
- Be able to work flexibly where required;
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint to support the service role provided;
- Possess a clear understanding of working methods and procedures applicable to the industry;
- Proven experience as working as a PA, Office Manager or similar;
- Experience of diary management & events organisation;
- Excellent knowledge across a range of IT systems;
- Always looking for ways in which to improve the way in which services are delivered;
- Personality is key for this role as the Company places a huge emphasis on culture and fit as you will be part of a friendly close-knit team dedicated to providing the highest service level to their client so therefore the successful candidate needs to be a great team player across multiple teams, (including multidisciplinary teams), recognising the importance of creating an environment where people work well together, support each other and enjoy each other’s company;
- Strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to keep to strict deadlines;
- Skilled at prioritising obligations;
- Excellent time management and organisation;
- Attention to detail;
- Independent work ethic.