AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
We are looking to recruit German Speaking VAT Compliance Officers who are specialists in professional tax law, planning and compliance. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring Tax requirements are adhered to and therefore must have either a background in Law or a tax background and must be fully up to date in current tax legislation. In addition to preparing tax returns, the Tax Consultants will also work closely with clients throughout the year to ensure client’s compliance within the EU.
- Managing a portfolio of clients ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, that the work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise Partner / Director review time.
- Actively participating in meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Taking an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Attending training sessions and being committed to CPD, continually developing, increasing knowledge and skills to give the best possible service and advice to clients and internal staff.
- Assisting with billing procedures, debt collection where appropriate and liaising with clients on such matters.
- Providing ideas, innovations and improvements to help improve efficiency, productivity and better improve the quality of services we offer.
- Involvement in sectors such as land and property, NFP, construction, hospitality, healthcare, education, International consultancy and outsourcing, professional services and marketing services.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- A relevant degree in either Accountancy, Finance or Law is essential for this position
- AAT qualified is desirable
- Willing to study for ATT
- Good experience working in VAT/Accountancy/Finance departments
- Native or Business Proficient language speakers, including fluent German and English speaking and written communication skills
- Confident with dealing with clients queries and providing an advisory service
- Organised and proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Works well in a small team as well as independently
- Excellent multi-tasking ability
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and must be willing to relocate to Southampton if not currently living in the local or surrounding areas.
Remuneration and benefits
We offer a competitive salary which is subject to the skills, qualification and experience of the successful candidates. In addition to this we offer a company pension, medical insurance and a heavily subsidised canteen.