AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
We are currently recruiting for a native (or fluent and business proficient) Mandarin speaking VAT Compliance Officer (who can also communicate in fluent English) to join our dynamic and highly proactive team of Tax Advisors and Accountants. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, strongly motivated and a clear communicator at all levels. The candidate needs to demonstrate their ability to work independently and pro-actively in our practice that is above all else, client focused.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of clients ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, the work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise Partner / Director review time.
- Actively participates in meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Takes an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Attends training sessions and is committed to CPD, continually developing, increasing knowledge and skills to give the best possible service and advice to clients and internal staff.
- Assists with billing procedures, debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with clients on such matters.
- Provides ideas, innovations and improvements to help improve efficiency, productivity and better improve the quality of services we offer.
- Involvement in sectors such as land and property, NFP, construction, hospitality, healthcare, education, International consultancy and outsourcing, professional services and marketing services.
- Preparation, at different levels and complexity of calculating;
- Reviewing and the submitting of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat returns and MOSS returns;
- Assisting clients with European VAT reclaims;
- Unlimited VAT advisory and consultancy;
- Identifying, preparing and reviewing of voluntary disclosures;
- VAT registrations;
- VAT de-registrations;
- Option to tax;
- Partial exemption calculations and implementation of methods to ensure compliance
- Acting as the liaison between the client and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Raising awareness and support on Making Tax Digital, HMRC`s compliance requirements, and providing internal support for VAT queries from fellow colleagues;
- Becoming the day-to-day point of contact for clients under your portfolio;
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge in respect of all areas of VAT; including keeping up to date with the appropriate legislation and developments in VAT law.
- Fostering great internal relations across service lines in; Tax, legal Consultancy and Corporate Finance, resulting in direct work referrals.
- Preparing and delivering presentations and VAT training to clients, non-tax and non-VAT specialists.
- Preparing marketing material on varying VAT initiatives such as the VAT package and House of Lords/ECJ cases of interest, as they arise.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Experience working in VAT/Accountancy/Finance departments
- Native or Business Proficient English and Mandarin speaking and written communication skills
- Confident with dealing with clients’ queries and providing an advisory service
- Organised and proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Works well in a small team as well as independently
- Excellent multi-tasking ability
- Degree in Accountancy or AAT (desirable)
- Willing to study for ATT
The successful candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and willing to relocate to Southampton (if not already local or residing in the surrounding areas).
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary subject to the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We also offer heavily subsidised staff canteen, pension scheme and Healthcare scheme on successful completion of the probationary period.